Welcome to the General Library Information System (GLIS) Union Catalog
The GLIS Union Catalog is a database of all the items available at participating Army Libraries in the U.S., Asia, and Europe. Deployed soldiers can place requests on printed material such as books while they are downrange. To do this, you must be registered at your post library. If you are not yet registered, please contact your post library to have your account set up. If you have your registered account and wish to use our services downrange, please follow the instructions below:
Register or Update an Existing Army Library Account
- You must have already registered at an Army library to use deployed services. If you are unsure whether you have an account, please contact your non-deployed duty station library. If you have not registered, you may do so online while deployed with Europe if you are eligible.
- Activate your My Account on your local (U.S. and Asia or Europe) Web catalog.
- On your local Web catalog, click “get a PIN”.
- In the PIN Request pop up window, enter your e-mail address and click “submit”
- You will receive an e-mail with a link; click or copy and paste the link into a Web browser (you have three hours to complete this step)
- The Web page asks for your e-mail address (your username or Web login) one more time, then enter your password
- Once submitted, you should see the message your PIN was successfully changed
- Log into your My Account and ensure your deployed mailing address is filled in. If it is not or it is inaccurate:
- Click on “update account” button
- The Modify Patron Record window pops up; you should be able to modify your deployed address
- Submit your changes and verify the address is now accurate.
Find the Title
- Return to the Union Catalog and perform your search.
Currently, we can only send physical books downrange, and a maximum of five at a time.
- For help with searching, check the help section
Submit Your Request
- Once you find an item you would like to borrow, click “Request” button either on the search results page or the item’s Web page.
- Select the region you registered with the library from the drop down and click “submit this information”
- Enter your name as it appears on your CAC card and your e-mail address
- Select a copy if asked, and submit your request. You should get a message saying you successfully requested the title and from what library you should expect it from.
- Delivery time can vary between one and four weeks depending on mail delivery. Once done with the item, follow instructions sent with the book to return it.